When NFL legend Deion Sanders made headlines last month it was not for setting any type of football record, but for the way he put his children in the center of a domestic dispute between him and their mother, his estranged wife, Pilar. Now Deion is pleading that his wife be barred from their home for her volatile behavior.
Now the former Dallas Cowboys star says he did what he had to do – including tweeting pictures of him and his sons filing out police reports – in order to protect his very public, all-star image.
“I can’t be alleged the guy that’s lost his mind. That’s not who I am or what I am.  I’m opening up schools. I’m doing many things for the community.  I have endorsements. I pray to God that they don’t allow her back in the home because it’s not a safe environment for me or as well as the kids.“But I can assure you one thing, she was never touched and thank God I have two witnesses that happen to be my children that saw the whole incident. No.  We can’t.  That can’t happen. It’s already volatile.”
Sanders, who was referring to his charity work as co-founder of the charter school Prime Prep Academy, was cited late last month by police in the couple’s hometown of Prosper, Texas, for misdemeanor simple assault one day after an alleged altercation with Pilar. As a result, his wife was arrested and held overnight in jail for misdemeanor family violence.  The altercation occurred in the mansion where the couple still live together with their children, despite their increasingly messy divorce.
The couple have been embroiled a “War of Roses” divorce drama since Deion filed for divorce against Pilar last year after 13 years of marriage.  Both partners have chosen to continue living together in the couple’s lavish Texas mansion on the outskirts of Dallas where Sanders, nicknamed “Primetime,” became an icon during his five seasons as a cornerback with the Cowboys.
“The home is in my name and my name only,” he said.  “It’s a wonderful haven for the kids. They’ve been raised here.  That’s why I choose to stay in the home.”
Sanders now works as an analyst for the NFL Network.  The couple starred in a 2008 reality show, “Deion & Pilar Prime Time Love,” that aired on the Oxygen network.
Watch his plea below: