Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is Hypnotism Wrong?

 Posted by revelife.com


Due to trauma in my past and my own terrible memory, I can't remember my childhood. I can picture my father as he is in photographs, but I can't, as hard as I try, remember his voice or his laugh. I can't remember my little sisters first steps. I can't recall how my parents acted back when they were in love. I want to remember my childhood.
I decided that I would go to a hypnotist. I know that it'll be hard on me, but I think that it'll help in the long run. I mentioned it to my mother, who told me that it's unethical and furthermore, no Christian would go through with it.
She told me that she would find me a counselor. However, I've been in therapy for almost five years, and been through four therapists. I know that I've made significant progress, but nothing that I couldn't have done on my own just by thinking through my own problems. I don't think that therapy would help me remember. But even if it does, I'm tired of trying, and I'm tired of therapy.

Is hypnotism wrong? And if so, why? If hypnosis is spiritually out of the question, is there anything that I can do to get my memory back?

0 comments:

Post a Comment